Wednesday, April 22, 2015

BLOGGING A2Z CHALLENGE: LETTER S

SMOTHERED SAUSAGE, Gravy, Rice and SWEET Peas

Here is something to whet your appetite. I cook this often and it is so good.

I buy either Cajun or Hot Fresh Sausage from Winn Dixie. Then I cook it in a gravy and have it with rice and sweet peas.

Here's MY recipe.

Main Ingredients:

I lb Fresh sausage. (They also have the original).
1 cup of Seasoning blend
A tablespoon of Roux (I go the easy way and use Savoie's Dark Roux).
A tsp of olive oil.

After the oil is heated brown the sausage on all sides.
Add seasonings and sautee until clear
Cut sausage into bite size pieces.
Add water and Roux.
Simmer for about 45 minutes, until sausage is cooked.
Add one capful of Savoy's Browning Sauce or Kitchen Bouquet. 
To thicken gravy, I mix 1 tbsp corn starch and cold water until it is pasty. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
Season to taste. I use a tsp Cayenne Pepper and Tony Chachere's.



No comments:

Post a Comment

For those who are Anonymous, I'll appreciate if you'll tell me who you are especialy if you know me personally or via FB. Because I get alot of spam comments. Thanks. Otherwise, say something to let me know you were here. Thanks. I appreciate all of my readers.