Saturday, July 11, 2015

Update on Dad

So much has been happening. I forget the days or what happened when. I think often if I feel this way I can't imagine how my dad and mom feel.

Monday, I made all the appointments and did what had to be done except one because the doctor's nurse did not return my call THREE times on different days. I am tempted to just go for the appointment and tell him his nurse didn't return my calls. However, it so far for them to drive back and forth.  My sister said she could bring them but still. They shall see my face first thing early in the morning Monday.

Tuesday, I picked up his police report. It is so scary to read it. My heart wants to drop out of my chest. I didn't go to Mom's because I had Speech Therapy. Mom insisted I not neglect myself. I so wish I had. Maybe the chain of events would not have occurred. 

My Mom had to bring him to ER the day I didn't go. He had a urinary tract infection.

After the ER my mom went drop off the prescription at the drug store. As she was backing out of her parking space, evidently another lady was doing the same thing. They collided. First thing the lady told Mom (And Dad was in the car) that my mom hit her. No one was hurt and the damage wasn't too bad. Mom called the insurance and gave her statement that afternoon.

Wednesday, I went to my Mom's bright and early. They had an appointment with the orthotics place to put the brace right. It seems like it never fitted right. The girl who did it the first time while Dad was in the hospital was so impatient and rough. I told her numerous times that she needed to be softer. Yea, he was hurting already and maneuvering wasn't helping but she was pushing and pulling like a moron. My dad was pushing her hand away. I nearly pushed her. I told her sarcastically that he did have fractures and we REALLY didn't want them to break.

Sorry, I got ahead of myself. Before we went to the orthotics my Mom received a phone call from her insurance. I could tell Mom was getting upset. He was trying to make her say she had the sole liability of the accident. They hadn't called the police because it was on private property.

Keep reading. I have something to teach you for in case you didn't know.

Mom started saying, "No, I did not say that. You are twisting my words." This went on for about 5 minutes. I hated seeing my Mom frustrated and confused. I told Mom to give me the phone.

I asked who was speaking. He said, "Henry, from the Insurance company naming the company." I told him my mom gave a statement last night. He said he was investigating the claim.  I told him it sounded like he was interrogating her like a criminal and wanted her to say she was totally at fault. He was trying to tell me Mom said something she didn't because I was right there listening. I told him she had nothing else to say to him. I was royally ticked off. The way he was talking to me, I could tell he was trying to pull something over us.

When we returned from the orthotics place, I took her car and went get an estimate for repairs. Then I made my way to her insurance company. I have same insurance but different agent. Thank God.  I told the agent and owner of that location how the man treated my mother. I found out although it is the same company, each person has a different 'go to" representative. And the man who called Mom was for the other lady in the accident. He was fighting for his "client'. I get that but he was trying to twist her words and confuse her more than she is.

I told them that the man never introduced himself as such. Let's just say they know how mad I was when I walked out.  They said they would look into it.

I told BabyGirl a few days later that I wanted to take this man, beat him senseless and throw him in the ditch where he belongs. She was shocked about that. Truthfully, I can't believe that came out of my mouth but that's how much he bugged the hell out of me.

One thing Mom's agent said is very important! Regardless if the accident is on private property or public CALL THE POLICE. Ask for a crash report. It helps the she said he said.

The agent also told me that usually when they are both backing up the liability is shared. My Mom was fine with that but she refused to take the whole responsibility.

A few days later she had to bring him to the doctor because he developed a yeast infection.

Everything is calmed down somewhat. He is doing as well as expected.

Between my sister and I and all the wonderful people who has stepped up to help, we pretty much have it under control.

So that is where we are right now.

Thank you so very much for your love, support. prayers and hugs!

Until next time.

6 comments:

  1. I'm sure you already know this, but when your dad is on an antibiotic make sure he eats yogurt and/or takes a probiotic. This will help prevent yeast infections and diarrhea that often occur after taking antibiotics.

    I have way too many stories to tell about insurance agents and others at fault in an accident. One time the police came after an hour or so and in the meantime the other guy, who was very clearly at fault, called one of his friends to come and be a "witness". Because there were no other "witnesses" we had to pay for everything. And the stories go on and on. Most of them occurred when we lived in Louisiana. I don't know if things are worse there, or it's just a coincidence, but fender benders and insurance issues have been much easier to deal with in the other two states we have lived in.

    Your mother's right. Don't forget to take time to take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are such a sweetheart. Actually, Mom is feeding him a lot of yogurt and the doctor did tell him and her to take Probiotics. So they are doing all that. I have a lot of stories too. Wow, an hour. That guy will have to make his maker one day. It wouldn't have been so bad if they had called a cop for the crash report.

      Yes, I know. It's just my speech therapy was not as important as my Mom. But she is always thinking of others except herself as well.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, Lisa.. I had no idea all that was going on. Reading your story makes me angry at that insurance man too.. Mrs Donna Rita is going through so much already and then to be coerced like that over the phone is uncalled for and let me tell you, I would have done exactly what you did. If there is anything in NI that you need or I can help with, please let me know. I know you and your sister are doing all that you can.. but I also know it gets overwhelming too. Keeping you guys in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kathy! I will let you know. Things have settled down. With the Knights of Columbus and everyone from church, Melanie and myself, we have it under control. I may certainly take you up on that offer. We appreciate the prayers!

      Delete
  3. Lisa, I am so glad things are under control considering the first 48 hours of your Dad's crash. The stress levels must have been through the roof for everyone. I absolutely adore your tenacity and fiestiness! I am a firm believer that the squeaky wheel gets the oil. People have to speak up. If you were a lawyer, I'd hire you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're so sweet Barb. Thank you for that confidence in me. I speak up when I know I'm in the right and I do admit when I am wrong. Yes Barb my stress level was way up there..by the end of the day my body just collapsed. But I kept thinking, I know how I was feeling, can't imagine what my dad and mom were feeling.

      Delete

For those who are Anonymous, I'll appreciate if you'll tell me who you are especialy if you know me personally or via FB. Because I get alot of spam comments. Thanks. Otherwise, say something to let me know you were here. Thanks. I appreciate all of my readers.