Friday, February 8, 2013

We Are Finally In our Home

Seven months later we are finally IN OUR HOME.  We're not settled yet but that willl take a while because as usual  the salesman didn't keep his promises so we've had to clean the manufacturer's mess. It was ironic that there was a certificate stating that the home was clean by so and so from the manufacturer taped to our counter.

But I don't want this post to be negative. Although there are issues they will need to take care of when we submit the "punchlist' in a few months, I am enjoying our home.

We haven't emptied all the boxes or removed the dust etc yet. Hubby is working a lot and I'm doing what I can one room at a time. But it amazes us that we had so much stuff in that little bitty apartment.

I love the wide opened spaces. We are not cramped.

I love my walk in pantry and the abundance of cabinet space in my kitchen. We actually have cabinets not being used yet. I joked with Hubby that I need to go shopping to fill the cabinets.

I love the quietness. When we are inside, we hear cars pass as there is a highway but we get used to that. There are no kids screaming on top of their lungs. There is no one above us stomping and running.

I didn't think I would like the many big windows. However, during the day we don't have to put the lights on because the sun is our light. Just totally awesome.

The other day, I had locked myself out of the house so had to wait 3 hours for hubby to come home. As I waited outside I heard the sweet sound of a cow mooing. Yea, now that is country!

It is nice to look out the window and able to see the blue sky during the day and the moon and stars at night. In our apartment these were obscured by trees.

As I was sitting here one day in what I call "MyHubby's Mancave" which is actually the entertainment room,  I saw something move in my peripheral vision. I looked and there were flocks of blackbirds. Not one. Not two. Flocks. They covered our yard as well as our neighbor's yard. Here is a picture of only a fraction of them. It was so cool. It reminded me why I love the country.


We still have a lot of unpacking and decorating etc to do but it is so nice to just be in a place that is ours.  

We are now home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

For those who are Anonymous, I'll appreciate if you'll tell me who you are especialy if you know me personally or via FB. Because I get alot of spam comments. Thanks. Otherwise, say something to let me know you were here. Thanks. I appreciate all of my readers.