Before I get into the good stuff I want to apologize to those who have commented on my recent posts and I have not replied. For whatever reason, I am no longer getting an email saying I have a comment. I'm trying to figure it out.
Now on to the good stuff.
Years ago, one of my daughter's friend made this recipe and it was so delicious but I never got around to cooking it until last week. OMG!
Warning: If you are on a diet or have high cholesterol I would eat this in moderation!
As promised to some of you here is the recipe.
1 stick of butter.
2 packs of crawfish
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 bell pepper, diced
Garlic powder (The friend didn't write how much). I just did two shakes.
1 Can of mushroom soup.
Package of broad egg noodles.
A cooking spoon of sour cream. (You can leave out if you don't like it)
Creole seasoning to taste. (I use Tony's Chachere's but I'm sure salt and pepper will suffice)
Block of Velveeta cheese. I used 16 oz.
1) Melt the stick of butter in pan.
2). Add diced onions and bell peppers. Cook until translucent
3) Add crawfish. Stir and wait until it heats up.
4) Meanwhile, start the water for noodles. Add butter or oil to prevent sticking. Cook noodles according to the package.
5) When crawfish is warm, add mushroom soup, seasonings, sour cream and garlic powder.
6) Add one cup of cheese and let melt before you add another piece of cheese. Continue to add as much as desired.
7) When noodles are done, drain. Mix with crawfish mixture in pot. Stir and serve. Enjoy.
Until next time...pray for all those people who are experiencing all the disasters with floods and fires.
Word count 222 words