Monday, March 16, 2015

Payton's Update

Payton. my little cousin who I keep talking about is giving a good fight against Monster C.

Around three weeks ago, he went for his round of chemo. However, his ANC levels were too low so chemo had to be set back an entire week.

According to MedicineNet ANC is described as this "The real number of white blood cells (WBCs) that are neutrophils. The absolute neutrophil count is commonly called the ANC. Neutrophils are key components in the system of defense against infection. An absence or scarcity of neutrophils makes a person vulnerable for infection.

As they were waiting, an accident happened. Somehow a night stand fell on his hand and broke 3 fingers. He had to have surgery.




A few days later, the little dude had to endure a 5 day course of chemo through his chest line and the chemo injection in his eye. This made him very sick and his ANC level dropped to 0. This caused him to be in the hospital for two days because of fevers and the chance of infection.

Friday he was able to go home but first had to receive platelets.

This dude is so tough. But I often think of ALL the children who his going through this and much more.

They are home now and he is happy playing with his brother and sister. They have to go to Baton Rouge tomorrow for lab work to make sure his labs are good.

March 30 they have to return to St. Jude's to undergo 1 day of chemotherapy which lasts 5 hours.

To make things worse their truck broke down so this family keeps having bricks thrown at them. They are strong and they will endure but with help of all of you, whether it be money or prayers, they will come through.

This weekend is the Jambalaya cook off and Gumbo cook off. There is also going to be pool tournament, raffle and other fun activities. Of course if you can't make it, his gofundme is still opened.




I this is so adorable!



2 comments:

For those who are Anonymous, I'll appreciate if you'll tell me who you are especialy if you know me personally or via FB. Because I get alot of spam comments. Thanks. Otherwise, say something to let me know you were here. Thanks. I appreciate all of my readers.