Sunday, July 19, 2015

My First Stitch Fix

I haven't went on a clothes shopping spree in ages. I don't like taking a few pieces and try them on in a dressing room which usually doesn't have any chairs to sit on. I'll pick up a shirt or pair of pants here or there but to say I'm going shopping for clothes, NAH.

It is frustrating to find clothes to fit because of the way I stand/walk. I prefer tight fitting clothes like jeans or leggings. If they are lose fitting it looks all scrunched up in the back of my knees. Family members say people shouldn't be looking behind me. But they do. Some say it is not noticeable but I totally disagree. It is just one of the quirks I have about myself.

My friend Julaine posted on Facebook about a package she received from Stitch Fix. Stitch Fix is an online service for women. A profile questionnaire is filled out. You pay $20 styling fee (that will deducted if you should decide to keep one or all pieces) Your  personal stylist  chooses 5 pieces of clothing and accessories and mails it to you.

You have three days to try it on and decide to keep it or return it. If you keep all 5 pieces you get 25% off.

I decided to try it. What could it hurt? It would be so convenient. It could also make me look at certain styles that I would otherwise didn't.

I was excited when the package came to my door! I ripped open the box and found two shirts, a skirt, a cross body handbag and cardigan sweater.


 I am "modeling" the  Papermoon Bastille Tulip Sleeve Blouse under a Jaclynn Cardigan with the Mode Luxe cross body bag. The skirt is a beautiful Garland Geo Print Maxi Skirt.
Collective Concept  Esten Button Up Sleeveless Blouse-Sorry I didn't get a pic with it on me. It was too big a
Tulip Blouse I have NO clue why Hubby takes my picture me my hands splayed out like that. But then I think maybe that's just the way I am, always trying to get my balance. Hubby calls me a windmill sometimes because my hands are always moving when I am trying to keep my balance. HAHA! Yes, my hair is a mess and you see the junk on the floor. Sorry..it is all picked up now. 

Close up Papermoon Garland Geo Print Maxi Skirt. 

Moda Luxe Venice Zip Detail Crossbody bag.

I think my personal stylist had the right idea. I want to give her credit for finding Petite sizes which was still too big. I guess I'll have to find a seamstress eventually. "SIGH".

I liked the Tulip sleeved shirt but it was see through as well as the other shirt. I suspect the idea is to get a shirt to go under it but I have the attitude if I pay the price I shouldn't have to add anything to it. I realize I may have to change my mindset.

As you can clearly see the Maxi skirt was way too long which is not a big surprise. I'm a short person and I have that problem often. I loved the design but just not on me. It makes my hips look wider than they are.

The purse was almost perfect but it was a little too wide and the straps way too long. The wideness was making me off-balance. You can see in the picture the excess strap . Loved the pockets though!!

I kept the Cardigan because it fits perfectly and it'll go with anything.

That was my first Fix. I scheduled another one for next month. When my stylist and I finally get my style and size, I think we'll have a long lasting relationship :).

If you should try this program I would totally appreciate if it you'd put me as referral so I can get a discount. My referral link is https://WWW.STITCHFIX.COM/referral/5414640

By the way, I was not paid by the company to make this review.

Until next time…

13 comments:

  1. It's funny how we all seem to focus on our perceived flaws. You look great to me. Big hips. Where?

    I hate to shop also and would love a personal stylist and a reasonable amount of money to spend. I will be interested what you get next month when your stylist gets your feedback. BTW, I have a niece who is petite all over and looks similar to your build. She has found that there are some clothes companies that cater mostly to Asian women that are just right for her. They work better than buying American petite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, us focusing on our flaws. Thank you…yea that's what my Hubby says. He says if I think I have big hips, I should go people watch at his store where I can really see big HIPS LOL. I'll have to look into the Asian women clothes. I'll be sure to post my next package. I thought the price was reasonable. We have to consider it is a whole outfit.

      Delete
  2. I think this outfit looks fantastic on you! Anyway you can get it altered to your liking? Really cute! Sheer tops are in style with camisole tanks underneath them. Just so you know. I hate clothes shopping. You're petite and I'm plus sized. It's never easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you Barb! But you didn't see the back lol. Yes I could..but i need to find a seamstress. I know, it seems I never like the style at my age. I guess we are on different sides of the size spectrum! LOL

      Delete
  3. Thank you for helping me make up my mind about Stitch Fix ! I have been looking at them for a while but just couldn't make up my mind. I worry that their clothes will be too small for my ample frame and size. But I will give them a try and use your referral too. I will keep you posted as to how my package goes !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your very welcome. I am happy to help you in any way. If you fill out the profile accurately it should be fine. But if it is not the right size, then you can return it and comment why and they will try to adjust it. I am excited to see how it goes with you and thank you for using my referral. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
    2. Duh me forgot the 'referral…so it's www.switchfix.com/Referral/5414640
      Thanks!

      Delete
  4. I tried your stitch fix link. It didnt work. Can you check and send me another link?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm..Let me try this again when I get a minute and my computer back.

      Delete
  5. Hope you've been having a great summer!

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arlee. It's been stressful but just gotta go with the flow :). I appreciate you dropping in.

      Delete
  6. I've heard from a lot of people who like stitch fix, but it never seemed that appealing to me. It's awesome getting to see a box unveiling though. What kind of questions were you initially asked for your stylist to pick out these items for you? Did you enjoy your August box any better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mandy, they give you many questions such as what sizes you wear and they give you pics of outfits that you chose if you like it, love it or hate it, etc. Its a thorough questionnaire. Also, if you are on Pinterest your stylist follows it to learn your tastes. August was much better! I just haven't had time to post anything lately. Thanks for stopping by !!!

      Delete

For those who are Anonymous, I'll appreciate if you'll tell me who you are especialy if you know me personally or via FB. Because I get alot of spam comments. Thanks. Otherwise, say something to let me know you were here. Thanks. I appreciate all of my readers.