Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Cold Weather Has Arrived. Ugh.

The cold is here and it is yucky. I live in Southern Louisiana so it is not as cold as some of you.  

For in case you don't know Southern Louisiana's weather is weird. It can be sunshine in one area and one mile away it could be raining. 

Yesterday, as I walked out the door it was in the 80's and cloudy. We did have high rain percentages but in the afternoon so I was hoping and praying I would make it home before. That wasn't the case. 

I had to travel to my childhood hometown, of New Iberia 45 minutes away. Half way, in Broussard I stopped to have my hair cut at my niece's shop. She is awesome. Since I know some of you live around here I'll give my niece a free ad. She owns Salon Muse In Broussard on Albertson Parkway. She has a Facebook page. So if you need a hair cut I highly recommend her. Not because she is my niece, but because she is good at what she does.  If you need the phone number message me and I'll give it to you.

Then I made my way to my destination, New Iberia. I went to the Rosary House. I've wanted a Nativity Scene for ages. I decided it was the time. It's a table top one.  I'll be sure to post a picture.

It was time for my GI appointment. The PA stated my residual symptoms of the gastroenteritis could be from my gallbladder. I'm waiting for my appointment to do an ultrasound of my gallbladder.

After my appointment  I was making my way back home to my little hick town that I love. About 5 minutes driving on the interstate, it started raining Two miles further it abruptly stopped. However, about 20 miles later rain resumed and it got a lot worse as I went along.  At the busiest area I could hardly see but there was this one particularly moron going 50 miles an hour weaving in and out of traffic. He nearlyclipped me and ran a woman off the road. We both honked our horns and made gestures at him.   It was stressful.

.Luckily, I wore a long sleeve shirt although it was in the 80's. According to the meteorologist the temperature dropped 30 degrees in 6 hours. It was windy and cold. The next few days more rain and colder is to come. They also say we may get few sleet pellets and snowflakes but it won't accumulate. Thank God. 

I was watching a video of a family who lives in UTAH and they have snow. It is beautiful and so serene but I wouldn't want to live in it.

Until next time...stay safe and warm

Thanks for dropping by!






2 comments:

  1. Now that you've mentioned a few towns, I see that you really do live in the heart of Cajun Country. What I remember from when I lived in New Orleans, the problems with the weather was the winter temperatures were always changing so you never got a chance to get used to the cold weather. So the cold there always felt cold. And while it does get really cold other places, most people have adjusted some to those temps. So what fells cold to you might not feel cold to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do live in Cajun Country, north of Lafayette now in a small town that I love. You are right. I actually lived in Odessa Texas where that year it actually snowed. The locals had said it hadn't snowed in years there. I also visited Colorado where it was snowing and cold but there cold wasn't so bone-chilling cold as here. And it is usually wet cold. UGH. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. Happy Holidays!

      Delete

For those who are Anonymous, I'll appreciate if you'll tell me who you are especialy if you know me personally or via FB. Because I get alot of spam comments. Thanks. Otherwise, say something to let me know you were here. Thanks. I appreciate all of my readers.