Wednesday, July 30, 2014

My Feet Failed My Body Once Again..

It is such a frustrating and scary feeling when I am walking and then all of a sudden my feet are abruptly no longer supporting my body. I am falling. 

Like a hundred times I was returning from doing a few errands with a purse and small receipt in one hand and a light grocery bag in the other. I had just closed the door of Cora (my car) and was walking on the grating to my home. My Loving Husband had laid down the grating to make it easier for me to walk until we get more money to lay concrete and build driveway/patio/porch.

I fell. It could have been face first but with my history of falling, I now have the instinct to try to maneuver where and how I am going to fall in a split second. I can't honestly say which body part hit first. I am going to guess my knees because they had more damage. Then my torso, hands and cheek, in that order.

As I laid on the ground, the first thing I did was look around embarrassed to make sure no one saw me. I know. Weird. But every time I fall I don't want anyone panicking and rushing to help me.

When I saw the coast was clear I tried moving my body parts to make sure everything worked. When I tried moving my foot, I couldn't move it. It was stuck in the grating. I have no clue how that happened. The grating has small holes. Although my feet are small they are bigger than the holes.

Next thing I did was case my immediately surroundings to find something I could grab to help pull myself up.

I was right smack in the middle of my car and the steps. I thought in PG form, 'I'm screwed."  I saw my glasses, receipt, purse and grocery bag scattered.

I tried turning over to maneuver my foot out of the grating when I realized the other shoe had fallen off. Okay! It must have flown off as it was about 2 feet away.

I knew MyHubby was inside the house but he had said he was going to bed as he worked nights. I did not want to wake him. Besides I knew I could get myself out of this embarrassing and frustrating situation

I carefully worked my body into the sitting position. I yanked my foot out of the shoe then worked the shoe out of the hole thinking how do I get myself into these situations?!

I assessed my injuries and found only skinned knees. I knew I would feel more later.

I picked up everything then slowly crawled to the steps. This took about 5 minutes because of my skinned knees. 

I finally made it to the steps and pulled myself up and went into the house.

Lo and behold! MyHubby was still awake! I told him I thought about calling him on the cell phone but didn't want to wake him. He commented that he put the grating down to make it easier for me.

I concurred but what can I say? I know I worry him when I fall. If I could stop from falling I surely would. It's my life. Luckily, I don't do it as often. I usually catch my balance but the odds go against me when my hands are not free.

Later that night and the next morning I felt the rest of the injuries. Pulled arm muscles, bruised ribs and  I felt like a BIG MAC truck hit me. There was a bruise the size of a ping pong on my right hip and forearm.

I am happy to say I am fine now. Bruises are gone and I'm moving like my old self again. Oh and my pride is back intact.




No comments:

Post a Comment

For those who are Anonymous, I'll appreciate if you'll tell me who you are especialy if you know me personally or via FB. Because I get alot of spam comments. Thanks. Otherwise, say something to let me know you were here. Thanks. I appreciate all of my readers.