Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

At 10:30 last night, My Love and I were sitting in our chairs. I can tell he was tired from the physical work he has been doing for his job. I asked if we were staying up for the New Year.

He looked at me red-eyed and inquisitively responded, "I don't know. Are we?"

When I woke up yesterday I had nausea and I was weak. I hardly ate anything. (There went my four pounds I gained.) I believe it was just from doing too much with Layla Thursday. So I took him off the hook. I realized we were feeling the same thing and we went to bed. He was passed out in 2 minutes.

We slept through the fireworks. I set my alarm for 6:15 and it promptly went off. I got up and put the roast in the slow cooker and went back to bed and woke My Love up "Grin." At 7:30 we both got up and when I checked the roast it wasn't even hot. I figured out later that it wasn't plugged in all the way.

We realized we didn't have enough eggs for the cornbread and brownies so while My Love went to the store I called my mom and sister. My mom and dad said they were too old to want to celebrate a new year and they were going to eat whatever they had and stay around home.  They were thankful to make it another year though. HAHA.My mom and I caught up with everything. My sister was in one of her nontalkative moods. But she was sick. So I diddled daddled around the house.

Randal returned and he baked. I hate baking but don't mind cooking the old fashioned way on the stove. He cooks microwave-way and bakes. That makes us a team in my eyes!

The roast was cooking. I called Layla to see how she was doing. She sounded tired. Her girlfriend is leaving tomorrow so I asked her if she needed me to go help her during the week. She has this puffy sling on one arm so she is not suppose to move it. She actually said, "Yea, just so you can help me bathe." I was shocked. She rarely admits she needs help without my insistence.

Later she called me back and said the doctor had said she could take the bandages off on the third day which is tomorrow. She wanted to know if Krystal and her got back to her apartment, ate and bathed and it was past midnight, if she could take the bandages off.

I had to think what day it was because she has a tendency to confuse me to what she wants me to see. I sighed and answered,"Well since you are always technical with me I'll be technical with you. Technically, 3 days is around 11 am." I hear her groan. I added with caution, "What are you going to do after your bandage is off? Do you have the small bandaids to replace the big one?"

She excitedly answers, "Yes, I have them. We're going to sleep after and we probably won't be up until after 10 tomorrow." I inquired why she wanted to take them off earlier. She responded the tape was itching her. I had empathy and told her that as long as she applied the bandaids and keep it clean she should be okay.

I was surprised that she actually thought, called and asked before she did it. She usually just does what she wants to do. Maybe this surgery scared a little bit sense in her little scatterbrain she can have.

Anyway, our guest, my cousin K came over. We invited her because she and I reconnected on Facebook a couple of months ago. We got together for lunch a few times. I didn't want her to be alone and I enjoy her company. So she came and we enjoyed our lunch and visit.

Our lunch was traditional around here: Pork roast, rice, gravy, black eye beans, cole slaw and cornbread. She brought some wine. Dessert was Fudge brownies.

Although we had a nice holiday season, I am so glad the holidays are over. Time to get back to every day dullness. YEA! TIS MY LIFE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead say whatever is on your mind after reading my post. I'm not easily offended and even if you want to disagree. I 'm opened to any comments. If nothing else, say Hi. I appreciate all of you who read my blog!