Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I am Half a Century

It is my birthday! The Big Half Century! The Big 50!

By the grace of God I have reached the ripe age of 50!  Hopefully many more to come.

As I reflect on my life, I have to say I have lived a fairly good life. Life has not been a bed of roses. It has thrown obstacles I've had to jump over, or trudge through but here I am.

I am blessed.

My life is good.

My hubby and I have had many talks about where we are. If someone had told me 20 years ago, I would be alive and this happy, I would have laughed in their face.

But here I am. I feel great. I have a wonderful family. I have awesome friends such as yourself.

Overthinking Mama wrote a blog post mentioning goals. It got me to thinking what my goals have been. How many of you have actually written down goals and tried seeing them through.

In my life the most important goals I remember having were:

I don't recall having any goals as a child until my teen years.

During my teen years my goal was to trudge through school to graduation, get a job and work making lots of money. Accomplished.  I have to give my parents credit for  graduating because I hated school (except my Senior Year because I knew I was getting the hell out of there!), That was one thing my parents pushed us to do and there was no ifs, ands or buts.  I have failed to make lots of money but with the world we live in, who does?

I wanted to be a nurse since when I can remember. Accomplished. I went to nursing school, earned my Nursing license and worked as a nurse. 

My goal was to work until I retired as a nurse. God had other plans and I became disabled but I think that goal was partially accomplished because I did work and helped people.

Another goal was to travel. Well that sorta went out the window although I have been traveling more lately so I guess it is a goal in progress.

If you follow my blog at all, you know one of my reasons for living is BabyGirl. I have accomplished the goal of living until she graduated high school and PLUS some thus far. Out of all my goals I think this the one I wanted to accomplish the most. I faltered some along the way but I think she is a well-adjusted (sorta! HA!) young lady who will be successful in whatever she decides to do.

I think every one's goal is to be happy and I have to say I am HAPPY! ACCOMPLISHED

How can I not be with awesome friends like you, my loving awesome hubby, my wonderful adorable daughter and my fabulous family!







2 comments:

For those who are Anonymous, I'll appreciate if you'll tell me who you are especialy if you know me personally or via FB. Because I get alot of spam comments. Thanks. Otherwise, say something to let me know you were here. Thanks. I appreciate all of my readers.