Wednesday, September 18, 2013

My Best Friend, Jeff--Happy Birthday!

Today I want to dedicate this post to an awesome person. It is his birthday today.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFF!

Jeff, I can just picture you reading this blushing royally! YEA! You know I LOVE YOU! It's been so long that I made you blush, I think this is a great time. Happy Happy Birthday My Handsome BFF!!

Jeff and I never met face to face. But he has been my best friend for years. I wonder if he remembers just how long. Geez its been a while for sure!

We met several years back as we were in a game room on POGO He was respectful, charming, kind, friendly, flirtatious and funny.

We eventually took our chatting to YAHOO messenger. I saw him on Video chat a couple of times and talked on the phone with him so I know he is not a psycho.

We spent countless hours on Yahoo Messenger Chat. You can't ever imagine.

A treasured friendship grew.

I won't lie. After my divorce I saw in him as a potential husband.  However, it just wasn't going to happen. Here are a few reasons among many.  

We live 877 miles apart, he in Illinois and I in Louisiana. We both had kids and neither one of us was capable of moving. And I don't think he was into me that way as I was into him.

As I look back now,  I think that was just what God wanted. God put Jeff and I together to be friends. I really wasn't ready to jump into another marriage anyway.

God knew I needed a friend like Jeff.

Jeff makes me laugh. Oh My! How he has made me laugh in the middle of blubbering! He had that knack with me. We had so many times we laughed I almost peed in my pants.

Jeff is my confidant and I trust him wholeheartedly. He saw me go through many dark moments and he was there for me. 

Jeff is a loving and caring man. He is an excellent father. He is an extraordinary human being.

Jeff never judges me. He accepts me for who I am.

He is honest (sometimes brutally but always with compassion) even when I do not want to hear it. I am sure sometimes he had no clue what the hell I was doing or thinking (I realize now, I didn't know either). I'm sure there were times he wanted to say, "I told you so" or wanted to reach into his computer screen and shake sense into me.

But he didn't. He listened. Never judging. He helped me pick myself up, brush off and move on. Sometimes only to go through the nonsense all over again. But he never left me. And he could have just pressed that disconnect button so easily.

He is so patient.

I had not met many men with such a kind compassionate heart. Any special lady would be so very lucky to have him as a husband. (But as I have told him, they have to go through my screening first HA!). Yes he is still searching for that special someone. 

He gave me advice I sometimes did not take. (If I had I might now have gone through so much heartache!) But no matter what he was ALWAYS there when I fell. He was there through cyberspace to read my pain and then to console and comfort me.

At times he knew me more than I knew myself. It could be frightening. He was able to penetrate through the false tough exterior I showed.  

He was with me going through the dating game. He gave me advice on what I shared with him, which was almost everything.

Typically, when a girl meets a man for the first time, they always tell (or should anyway) a friend or family member for in case something happens. Jeff was that person for me and boy did I drive him crazy. I am sorry my friend "SMILING"

He shares my joys. He was so happy for me when I found my Hubby. He said I deserved a good man.

I can go on and on about his positive traits but you get the idea. He will always be in my heart and I feel so blessed to have him in my life.

We don't chat like we used to. Life changes sometimes but never the love, thankfulness and joy i have for him. THANK YOU JEFF.

I have said I will travel and meet him one of these days. That still stands. One of these days he will hear a knock on the door and when he opens it there I will stand.  Hubby and I had it planned out once but it never panned out. But as soon as our finances ever stabilize or just if we get a few pennies, I am determined to meet my Handsome BEST FRIEND FOREVER!

In the meantime, Jeff, I wished you had that special someone to celebrate your birthday with you. I wish I could be there to celebrate it with you. I hope someone helps you celebrate.

I know! You say Birthdays are just another day. But you know how I am. :)

I miss you. I really do. We need to set up a chat date.

I hope you enjoy this special day the way you want to. You know I wish you all the love and happiness in the world. Always remember you are a very special friend to me!

I love you bunches my Handsome BFF!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFF!!

Love, Hug and kisses!



2 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to have such a good friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I certainly am Pam. Thanks for dropping by and commenting!

      Delete

For those who are Anonymous, I'll appreciate if you'll tell me who you are especialy if you know me personally or via FB. Because I get alot of spam comments. Thanks. Otherwise, say something to let me know you were here. Thanks. I appreciate all of my readers.