Friday, December 22, 2017

Movies I Watched Lately.

Unless you've been under a rock lately the new Star Wars movie is in theaters. 

I've watched all of the Star War movies. The first one premiered in 1977. I went with friends, although Sci-Fi movies are not my favorite movies. It seemed everyone wanted to watch it so the curiosity got the best of me.

Through the years I watched every one of them. Not necessarily when they came out but I eventually saw all of them.

I found out really quick that MyHubby was into Star Wars and Star Trek so I've gone alone with him to watch them. In return he endures the Chick flics I like to watch. (Its really not that bad for me Ha)

Yesterday, we went see Star Wars: The Last Jedi. I get confused who is who. What can I say? I am getting old. At least I know who the main characters are, right?  I like the story line and the fighting etc. But what I love the most are the cute characters: 
BB-8




C-3PO


R2-D2


Wise Sweet Yoda
Chewbacca


PORG

Last week or so we watched Wonder on KODI. It is a heart warming story based on a best seller book of the same name about a young boy with facial differences called Treacher Collins Syndrome.  He is the sweetest and smartest little boy who can be an inspiration to us all. I think every kid should see this movie as well as adults.  This is my kind of movie!





Auggie, the boy is played by Jacob Tremblay. Julia Roberts plays the mother, Isabel. Owen Wilson plays Auggie's father Nate and his sister is Via played by Isabel Vidovic.

Some of my favorite quotes (and there are many) from WONDER the movie are:

“You’re going to feel like you’ve all alone but you’re not.” – Nate

"If you don’t like where you are, picture where you want to be.” – Auggie

"When given the choice between being right or kind, choose kind.” – A precept taught by Mr. Browne in class

"You are not ugly Auggie… Because I’m your mom it counts the most because I know you the most.” – Isabel

"You can’t blend in when you were born to stand out.” – Auggie’s sister Via, played by Isabel Vidovic (The sister was so awesome saying that.)

"We all have marks on our face.  This is the map that shows where we’ve been and it’s never, ever ugly.” – Isabel

What evil man created dodgeball?” – Auggie    (I so can relate to him on this)
I don't want to overwhelm you with ALL the quotes I love. I may make a full list on another page.

Have you watched either of these movies? What do you think about them? Out of thee quotes does one speak to you?

Thanks for dropping by..

Merry Christmas!!

Until next time....be kind

4 comments:

  1. I saw the original Star War movies, but haven't kept up with them over the years. I probably won't go see this one. I like all of the quotes from Wonder, but in particular, "You can't blend in when you were born to stand out."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hubby rather the original ones too but he just HAS to watch them as they come out. That quote was an awesome one. It was one of my favorites. His sister is awesome. I really appreciate you following my blog and commenting. Merry Christmas

      Delete
  2. I saw the first 3 Star Wars films but had little interest in seeing those that followed. I've basically become burnt out on sci-fi and super heroes. Haven't seen much in the way of movies over the past month due to my holiday travels. Now to get back to watching films again--mostly old ones I'd say.

    Hope you have a great year to come!

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not into Star Wars or sci-fi but Hubby likes them so I compromise. We went watch Wonder. Not sure if you would like it but I guess I can relate to some of his challenges of being "different". Thanks for dropping by and my apologies for not responding earlier. I just got the notification in email yesterday.

      Delete

For those who are Anonymous, I'll appreciate if you'll tell me who you are especialy if you know me personally or via FB. Because I get alot of spam comments. Thanks. Otherwise, say something to let me know you were here. Thanks. I appreciate all of my readers.