Friday, July 26, 2019

Yes, I'm Alive

I feel so guilty seeing on my blog's Facebook page people are hopping on to it but there is nothing there. 

I may repeat some things. Sorry.  My BabyGirl finished college and is now working at an elementary school.  She likes her job. She is awesome. Can I say that I am so proud?

My Hubby retired from his job. It was just getting bad to worse.  He hated going to work. I hated seeing him so tired and he was grumpy when he got home. So we decided for him to retire with his military pay. We are now starting up an online business. For all those who don't know, it takes a lot of red tape to get one up and going. Geez.

I do enjoy having him home. 

I was having stomach problems. I know, nothing new.  I changed to a new gastroenterologist. Not sure if it is a good move or not but he is closer. He ordered tests which I did and the only clear thing that showed was severe constipation. It also showed I have a nodule on my liver. 

I've lived with constipation all my life. I have my theory why but it may be TMI.  I had severe cramping, abdominal pain, and nausea and just couldn't go or when I went it was diarrhea.  

He told me to take Citrucel. If I don't have a bowel movement to take Miralax.  So I sometimes take Citrucel three times a day. It works okay. I love cheese. But it is a culprit so I stay away from it as much as I can. 

During a barium test, the speech therapist was the second person, before she even started the test asked me if I have been to an ENT because of my voice. I told her it was just my CP. She said my voice was raspy and high pitched. . 

Since my GP has mentioned it a couple of times, I decided to go to one to mainly shut everyone up. 

My ENT was awesome. He performed an FFL (Flexible Fiberoptic Laryngoscope).  "SIGH" It showed incomplete glottic closure which is pretty much vocal cord paresis. I won't get into the medical details too much. It's pretty much my vocal cords do not close all the way. Origin is unknown. Doc couldn't say why. He rattled off several reasons.  Personally, I think when my vertebrae surgery was done, they went through the front and like the doc said they moved things around or it could just be my muscles from CP. 

He was concerned because with my dysphagia and vocal cord paresis I am now a higher risk of pneumonia.  I went through many weeks of speech therapy with an awesome speech therapist. If you need a speech therapist living in South Louisiana I have a good recommendation.  I didn't have a follow-up visit with ENT. I'm thinking I want to see how much the speech therapy helped. I'm afraid I'd be frustrated and disappointed after all the hard work. I continue to do my exercises. I don't see much difference with my voice neither my husband or family members. But someone did and I'll tell you that story later. 

I also eventually have to write two book reviews because I promised the authors.

When it was time to go back to my GYN for an annual visit, I decided to do a bone density test since I've not had one in many years.  It showed severe osteoporosis of the right hip and spine. It totally explains why my back and side hurts when I lay down.  Half the time I just can't get comfortable. I get an injection every six months. I sleep on a wedge but slide down so it is sorta useless. I have a squishy pillow for when I go to my side. It cushions it. I always slept on two pillows for breathing and what I thought GERD. If anyone has any suggestions. 

As Hubby says I can sleep in weird positions. Since my neck surgery, sometimes I wake up where it is excruciating pain from my neck to my head and very stiff. It's because I slept with my head in bent or in odd position. I can't help what I do in my sleep! HAHA.

I've been having trouble with my ankle/heel. I requested an appointment with my foot doctor Monday on the patient portal. The promise of a 24-hour response has come and gone. It shows on the patient portal appointment pending. I do not want to call because I will be rude. Yea, I should have just called but it was after hours when I decided to go see what the heck is going on. I guess I'll wait another week to see if that pending becomes an appointment. I put it for Monday but I think that is out. 

Even with my body doing its crazy thing.  I'm living my life as best as I can. I am happy and content. Hubby and I look at each other sometimes and ask the other if we are normal. We can just stay at home and are happy. When we do go out like later on, we are going to go to Wendy's to try their BACONATOR. (I will be taking three doses of Citrucel today) When there are good movies we go watch them. We're just homebodies and happy.

I hope everyone is well. Until next time, hopefully, sooner...pray for those who are in the paths of the craziness of the weather.

3 comments:

  1. We are home bodies, too, but do try to go out sometimes and always enjoy it. However, we enjoy it best when there aren't many other people around. I think we're introverts.

    Congrats on your daughter's accomplishments. I don't think there's anything more satisfying than watching one's children succeed.

    The odyssey with your body problems continue. You don't have an easy time with them, but you do a great job with just getting on with your life. A good example for the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and your encouraging words. I have faith God knows what he is doing and all I can do is push on. Sometimes I get frustrated but it is what it is.
      Thanks again, my daughter has come a long way, busting through obstacles to get to where she wanted to be. I am not relieved and don't have to worry about her as much :).

      My mobility issues are sort of a obstacle especially in this hot weather. Hubby and I have found our pace together when we go out and sometimes we have to take a break if we're walking alot, more so for my lungs.

      Delete
  2. I had no idea you had been through all this. I'm so far behind on reading blogs....my own fault. My hubby will be retiring this March. I also have osteoporosis. See through bones. Do a bone scan every year and the doctors always want to put me on meds. I turn them down every time because they cause Cancer... I'm not adding another problem to my life. as you already know why. Its terrible getting older...

    ReplyDelete

For those who are Anonymous, I'll appreciate if you'll tell me who you are especialy if you know me personally or via FB. Because I get alot of spam comments. Thanks. Otherwise, say something to let me know you were here. Thanks. I appreciate all of my readers.