Friday, February 28, 2020

Awesome Physical Therapy

I am so tired of my body, seriously.

I had two spinal injections and they didn't work on my leg. Today, I finished my approximately 7th week of  Physical therapy. I went to a different physical therapist because the other two I've gone in the last 2 years I didn't feel they were right for me.

Summit Therapy is the best. My out of pocket is a little more expensive but I feel its worth it. My back is better but my leg continues to give me problems.

I have never been in a public place much less a medical office that has religious wall decor and every morning the staff goes in the back and says a quick prayer. How often do you see this nowadays?

The staff knows every patient's name although they are not working with them. I still don't know all of their names.


My main PT is Stefan. It's a small world because we both grew up in the same town. Our parents know each other. He gives the best back 'massages".  He is awesome. He listens. He cares. I think the whole office has a gift of compassion.

I know I am in good hands there. I highly recommend them if you are in this area and need a PT.

Then last week, I woke up with pain in my neck radiating to my shoulder. It wasn't too bad. I had hit my shoulder against the door the previous day so I figured I aggravated it.

Thursday it got worse. Friday, I went to PT and it was excruciating. They applied a hot moist compress, did some exercises and Stefan suggested I call my orthopedist. It didn't go so well because they were saying I was not an "ACTIVE PATIENT." We argued and then they told me to call my primary doctor who was off that day.

I went to Urgent Care who is awesome. I'm actually considering just going there except my Primary doctor for acute medical problems. The P.A. diagnosed it as a cervical sprain. I was given some anti-inflammatories, muscle relaxants and shot of steroids and told me to put moist heat compresses. 

I have to take the meds with food and one is three times a day. I hate taking meds that way. But you do what you gotta do. My neck and shoulder are better. My back is better except when I sleep on it most of the night. I wish they could figure out my leg pain. The orthopedist said  I have a lower back disc herniation that is squeezing the nerve. I have an appointment middle of March to discuss possible surgery. He will need to do a lot of convincing because I heard too many nightmares with back surgery.

So this has been my life. Nice start of 2020. Not!!! It could be worse though.

Until next time..count your blessings if you do not have any chronic medical condition.

Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate it!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you found a PT you like. They can make such a difference. My only problem has been continuing to do the exercises I need after I finish my therapy. But at least I know what to do.

    Hope things are improving with you pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS. Yes, they can! I have that problem as well although I have done a few regularly. Some, I just can't do by myself. Hubby will have to help me.

      Delete

For those who are Anonymous, I'll appreciate if you'll tell me who you are especialy if you know me personally or via FB. Because I get alot of spam comments. Thanks. Otherwise, say something to let me know you were here. Thanks. I appreciate all of my readers.