Friday, August 19, 2022

Get Over It

 I know it's been a long time since I've blogged.  It feels like a whirlwind.  This is just a rant. 

If it pertains to you, well you know my sister and I feel. We don't care what you think at this point. That's what happens when people we thought would support us and trust failed us.

Let me start by saying my sister and I love our parents.  They did everything they could for us. They made hard decisions concerning me with surgeries, etc as well as situations with my sister.

Life is a circle. You are born, usually taken care of by loving parents who have to make numerous hard decisions. Then as you get older, your parents age and you, the child has to make the decisions for them when it is time. It came time for my sister and me to do something for their safety and health. They're getting older and need extra help. I won't divulge some private things I know they wouldn't want me to tell the world. They probably wouldn't want me to write this.

But I. Need. To. Get. This. Out. And they would understand.

Understand me, we've had enough. We have enough of people questioning us why we did this or that. Or why we didn't do this or that. I couldn't believe the ones we knew well actually questioned us. We were shocked and so disappointed. It is like they didn't trust what we were doing. Do you really think one day my sister and I woke up and decided to take care of our parents as we saw fit? If you do,you are wrong! We both researched and asked their doctor what the best solution was. We talked about it over and over again. It was the hardest thing to do.

You weren't there. You weren't seeing what we saw. Did you ever visit them before?

When we asked a few people to help, they said they weren't comfortable with doing it the way we wanted to do it. I respect their decision and I've come to the point that the way it happened, it was supposed to happen. So I have no ill will against them. Whatsoever. If we ever need help, I would call upon them again.

I hear people are upset because they weren't informed before or after we tended to our parents. Let me explain it to you. It was a delicate situation and there was a transitional period. My sister and I were stressed enough. We didn't need to be bombarded with opinions and questions which did happen after everyone started to find out. 

.Putting it bluntly it is none of your business. You can be angry all you want and for as long as you want. We have more important stuff to worry about and do.

By the way, after the transition, we decided to give visitation privileges to some. Whoever would like to go visit them, and is not on the list, contact my sister or I. Remember the privilege can be easily taken away if need be.

We knew the rumors would go around and everyone would find out. 

My sister and I know we did the right thing. Our parents are adjusting well now. They're socializing,  eating well, and being taken care of. We tried and couldn't take care of them like this.

We just ask you to trust us. Trust that we did the best we could like they did for us.  Quit questioning us. It's done. Move on.




3 comments:

  1. I read and I listened and of course all of the points you made are valid. I pray that God is with all of you during this journey. And we know He is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you know, my heart goes out to you. We don’t live in a perfect world, and we choose the best with the options that we have available. I’m proud of you for what you have done and what you were doing. It’s not an easy thing to do. No matter what you do there will always be somebody complaining. Michael was to give my parents what they wanted — to die at home. While I was in a position that accommodated that to some extent, it took everything out of me. I have not yet recovered physically nor mentally and may never know what it took to deliver what my parents wanted. Siblings said they would be happy to help, but it was always on their terms their way and not necessarily what we needed. So you do what’s right for you. You have my full love and my full support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Aunt Sharon. I really appreciate you reading and really listening to me. I do believe God led us where we are now. Love you

    ReplyDelete

For those who are Anonymous, I'll appreciate if you'll tell me who you are especialy if you know me personally or via FB. Because I get alot of spam comments. Thanks. Otherwise, say something to let me know you were here. Thanks. I appreciate all of my readers.