Saturday, February 6, 2021

Will It Be Hernia Surgery or Back Surgery First?

 This week, I went to the general surgeon. He looked at it and said it was a hernia. (I knew that already!) He did touch it.

We discussed the pros and cons of having hernia surgery before the back surgery. 

I could tell he did not want to sway me one way or another. He did say the hernia will need to be tended to eventually.

I asked him about the recovery time. I know a normal person's recovery time and my recovery time can be very different.

After talking about it, as much as I want/need this back surgery, I've decided to get the hernia repair done first. Hubby and I are hoping that by the summer I will be able to do my back surgery.

Yes, I'm a little bummed but it is what it is.

On another note, here is exciting news. When Hubby and I walked from the parking garage to the doctor's office which was way down the hall on fourth floor, I realized I was not gasping for breath. When we got back in the car I asked Hubby if he noticed that I was able to walk without stopping. Yea, I was short of breath when I got to the office and car but nothing like it's been. I think it would be much better if I didn't have to wear the mask but it is what it is.

I've been also been cooking and I do get tired and some shortness of breath but there's an improvement!

I hope ya'll are warm who live in the North. Here in the South we complain of the cold (lower than 55 LOL). I wouldn't want the snow either. It's been raining and making everything blah.

Anyway, until next time...

Say hello to a stranger


2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that your stamina is improving. Sending positive thoughts your way for a quick recovery from you first surgery.

    ReplyDelete

For those who are Anonymous, I'll appreciate if you'll tell me who you are especialy if you know me personally or via FB. Because I get alot of spam comments. Thanks. Otherwise, say something to let me know you were here. Thanks. I appreciate all of my readers.