Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Bank Business!

Yesterday, MyLove received an automated "courtesy' call" from our Internet/cable provider regarding billing. I know I had paid the bill,  checked my account and it showed it was returned. WTH? I had money in the bank.

This morning I called the bank and the representative told me that I had a negative balance of 230 dollars. Having my account opened online, I protested that that was wrong. My account showed I had a positive balance. She had asked me for my Social security number and NAZ. I asked her what account she was looking at.

She insisted she was looking at mine and reiterated that I had it a negative balance and I again protested  I calmly demanded she check it again. She said she was going to close the account she was looking at and start over. I agreed it would be a good idea.

She finally gets to my account. And says the check was returned. I asked her why? She said she didn't know. Getting impatient and irritated I said, "Well let me tell you what you need to do. You need to send payment to the cable/Internet company accompanied by a letter stating the bank's error TODAY. If I get disconnected, You (The Bank) will have to pay for the reconnection fee along with whatever fees that may occur."

She asked if I can pay the bill by credit card or debit card online. I asked her why should I ? It would be my luck I pay it AGAIN, and then both goes through and shorten me financially and I paid by a check that was actually good but the bank spit out insufficient funds when in fact I had sufficient funds. It is THEIR responsibility to get the right account.

She informed me it could take 24 hours to go through. I went on a rant about how it is so easy for them to take out fees in an instant but when they erred, it took them longer. Why is that? I reinforced that I wanted the bill paid and a letter faxed today! She said she would have to talk to her supervisor and call me back.

Heck no! I told her I would wait. Fifteen minutes later she came back and said she was 'processing it". She said the Internet/cable company will be paid by the end of the day but may not show up until tomorrow. She also said to let them know if I am disconnected as they will credit my account the fees that this error incurred.

We had a lengthy discussion on how I will be moving my business elsewhere by next month because I can't have these kind of discrepancies any longer. Every few months I've had something like this recur. She assured me all is well now. I told her I was not assured of anything! But I will be waiting for the copy of the letter and notice stating my Internet/cable is paid. I also informed her that I will not be referring anyone to this bank.

She said it was an error and it would be corrected. I told her we will see.Only time will tell.

 Ironically, as I hung up the phone I went onto my Yahoo page and one of the headlines read that my bank has decided to drop the debit card fees they were trying to start.

I want to say Kudos to the Online activist Molly Katchpole! You go girl!

Now I need to do some bank shopping!

4 comments:

  1. After years of working in the banking field, I got so tired of having to tell the customer it wasn't the banks fault...Knowing it was was one of the reasons I finally left banking and never looked back. Stick to your guns!
    By the way, could you re-grab my button and also rejoin my blog/ I changed URL's and the old one doesnt work. Thanks for always following!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got out of the business. They will be seeing my little face tomorrow :).

    I think I regrabbed your button..but if you see I didn't do it right, please let me know.

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you. Stick to your guns!

    ReplyDelete

For those who are Anonymous, I'll appreciate if you'll tell me who you are especialy if you know me personally or via FB. Because I get alot of spam comments. Thanks. Otherwise, say something to let me know you were here. Thanks. I appreciate all of my readers.