Saturday, February 15, 2014

Mysterious Pain

I am excited and proud to say that I finally organized my draft folder. I went from 100+ drafts to 38. I found some pretty good ones I need to touch up to publish.

I am so proud of myself!

I was on a roll for a while posting than I became distracted, sort of.

I developed this excruciating pain from neck down to my wrist. It started with my neck weeks back. I couldn't turn my neck sideways towards the back. I thought it was the way I slept. I normally sleep on two to three pillows.  I grudgingly eliminated two of them thinking that could be a cause. (I have since added one back). But then again, I wonder why after all these years I would all of a sudden have pain because of that?

Then one day I woke up with arm pain and stiffness. However, when I moved my arm, I had excruciating pain. I figured I strained it or pulled a muscle.

I also noticed if I press something, like making burger patties, the pain shot from my wrist on up. If I picked up something heavy like a jar I have to put it right down. My whole arm hurts. The strength of my hands are not as strong either.

I can't keep my arm straight or in a certain position because it feels like my arm locks on me and have this sharp pain running along my triceps. It hurts like the dickens when I move it.  There is an immense ache all of the time.

I keep thinking it will go away. It has made me so miserable. 

I am trying to get an appointment with an orthopedic doctor. Actually, the day I attempted to call and they didn't answer, it seems the pain had dissipated. The next day it was back, not as bad but it was bad enough to know.

Oh, did I mention it is my right side and I am right handed? I've been taking extra aspirin (I take one a day to prevent more leg blood clots). When I shower, I run the hot water and let it beat on my neck and arm. At certain places of my neck the pressure of the water is painful but in general I get some relief in a short time.

I have to be careful how I sleep. As I mentioned I usually have to sleep on 2 or 3 pillows. There is actually a name for it. It is called 2-3 pillow orthopnea.  I normally don't sleep on my back. I can't lay down on my left either. And now it hurts to sleep on my right.

I'm screwed, excuse the 'French".

Ever since my surgeries for cerebral palsy way back when I could never sleep on my back UNLESS I had my knees bent and crossed. That caused problems with my previous husbands and even my sister when we shared a bed as youngsters because it would pull the sheets. I would just tell them deal with it. I think it's because after my surgeries I was bed bound on my back for weeks, if not months. 

Since my partial left lung surgery in May 1993, I have not been able to lay on my left side for long. I feel like I am suffocating.

As I said I'm screwed LOL.

I don't think it is a pulled muscle. I know how pulled muscles feel and this is not it. Hubby thinks it could be a pinched nerve which is a good guess. 

You have no idea how much I hate going to yet ANOTHER doctor. 

Hubby asked me why I haven't gone to the doctor yet. I told him because I was procrastinating. I am fearful of what it may be and the treatment. I am so tired of doctors, medicine and treatments. Oh and I haven't reached my deductible yet. I guess going to that doctor will do just that plus more.

Just for fun, anyone have any guesses what is causing my pain?   I'll be sure to post when I do go to the doctor and what I find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For those who are Anonymous, I'll appreciate if you'll tell me who you are especialy if you know me personally or via FB. Because I get alot of spam comments. Thanks. Otherwise, say something to let me know you were here. Thanks. I appreciate all of my readers.