Thursday, April 14, 2011

AGAINSTS MEDICAL ADVICE

I love to read novels. My favorites are real inspirational and mysteries. I seldom read a book in one day because of distractions or wanting to do something else.

Today I decided to start "Against Medical Advice" by James Patterson and Hal Friedman. I couldn't put it down and read the whole book. It's a true story about a child having Tourette's Syndrome and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. It tells the trials and tribulations of the boy and his family.

As I read I laughed and cried with what he went through. Everyone who has a disability that reads it can have empathy for this boy..I know I did. Those who don't have disabilities you will be inspired just as much.

I could so relate to the feeling like an outcast but I can't imagine not having total control of your actions and what you say. I knew some people with CP where they kept moving and jerking and always admired them for some reason.

I won't spoil it for you and tell you everything about it. I usually don't write about books I read but this one was extraordinary. Do read and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

For those who are Anonymous, I'll appreciate if you'll tell me who you are especialy if you know me personally or via FB. Because I get alot of spam comments. Thanks. Otherwise, say something to let me know you were here. Thanks. I appreciate all of my readers.