Friday, December 2, 2011

Guest Post-Path Traveled-Unfinished Books on the Shelf

Unfinished Books on the shelve

book
Just like all my early morning walks, It gives me time to think, meditate, and reflect. As I am walking this morning, my mind is constantly playing today's thoughts in my head, over and over. I imagine these thoughts like dusty shelves in our brain full of unfinished books that we are reading. We all have them, those unfinished books! There are so many with as many titles as if in a book store.

There are fiction, Romance novels, mysteries, folk, science fiction, fashion, health, spiritual, Cooking, business, and so many more. Our library collections are endless on these shelves. A library is a collection of sources, resources, and services, and the structure in which it is housed; it is organized for use and maintained by a public body, that's us! In the more traditional sense, a library is a collection of books. It can mean the collection, the place that houses such a collection, such as the one in our minds.

I reach in and take a book off my shelve, as I’m walking, and I begin to read it. I have pulled a very spiritual book off the shelve and I continue to read several pages. I love these books. They have such great titles! "Life's Blessing", “ "The Peaceful Place", “ Bless the Little Children”, “Forgiveness from Above”, and “Where the Path Leads”. I then replace the book with another on the shelve. I continue walking, and as I read, my heart beats faster, my footing is unbalanced and I lose focus of the walk. I have pulled a science fiction from the shelve without realizing the effect of how scary they are. You know the titles…” Heartbreak in the Home”, "Life's Lessons", “How Family can Hurt you”, “ The curse of the Toung” , and “The unforgiving “. I put that book back as I shiver and feel sadden at the sight of those books on my shelve.

I walk a little further, regaining a steady pace. I pull another book off my shelve. It’s a nutritional book. Lets see…"NutriMirror” , "Balanced Days Balanced Lives", I love this one! I read it everyday! This book is always on my shelve. It is the one that keeps me walking, surviving, healthy, "Focused on aging and Life". I replace it with a cook book. I know you have some of those with the same titles I have on my shelve. “ What’s for Dinner “, "M.O.M.'s recipes", “Dining in or out”.

As I get closer to home on today's walk, I reach in for one more book. It’s a Romance Novel. I love these, don't you? I have a lot of them…” The Love of my life”, "Just the two of Us", “Dancing in the Moonlight”, “ Together till we die”.

My shelve has so many more books. Some are read over and over in my mind each day. Some have collected dust from not  ever opening again. Some make me cry and some make me laugh. There are books that are new, worn-out, replaced, and even fall off the shelve to places unknown. I cant imagine life without all my books because they keep me entertained, focused on life's path, informed and up to date, and most of all…….Reading as I walk!

October 1, 2010
This morning I had to pull out another book while on my morning walk. My Medical Book. I read a lot of pages as they flipped one from another. I read the story’s of so many suffering from Cancer but my book wasn’t showing a cure. Do I have the wrong book? Where is the cure for those that are ill, sick, and dying? I keep walking this morning and as I replace that medical book on my shelve not knowing the ending, I am reminded to pull off the shelve another book. I reach in and pull out that old Bible, dust it off. There I find peacefulness as I walk. There I see no more suffering, no sickness, NO Cancer.

June 6, 2011
  As I stepped out of the house in the early morning daylight this morning, I was over whelmed with the sounds. It was unusually loud and all at once, echoing every where. The birds were singing and chirping, and cooing all around me. I heard a Whip-O-Will in the trees by the house and a Wood pecker hammering on the pine tree across the road. I heard the Crows cawing to each other as they saw me step out, alerting one after another. I heard the Mocking birds imitating the other birds over and over repeating them selves. I heard the baby Finch peeping as they sat on the branches near the swing. I heard sounds of others, unsure of what they were, but still I could hear the different calls.
 
The sounds all around at once were like a sympathy that God was conducting as if just for me to hear as I walked and ran this morning. I thought about those unfinished books I always have on my shelve and I knew I had to add this one to my collection. Its the book of "Music". It doesn't have lyrics, only the sweet music notes written across the pages. It doesn't have Titles, or page numbers, but it does have an author....GOD 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for letting me be the guest post while your in Vegas! Congratulations on the marriage! I think that's sweet. Looking forward to reading all about it. Have fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was honored to have you as my guest post! Thank you again! We're back, just trying to get back in swing of things! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

For those who are Anonymous, I'll appreciate if you'll tell me who you are especialy if you know me personally or via FB. Because I get alot of spam comments. Thanks. Otherwise, say something to let me know you were here. Thanks. I appreciate all of my readers.