Saturday, December 24, 2011

Happ Birthday Jesus!

I want to wish everyone a Safe and  Joyful Merry Christmas!

It seems everyone has forgotten the true meaning of Christmas.  It is Jesus' birthday. We should be celebrating his birth and life! We should be singing carols and praying!

However, it seems people forget. They are running around to get the right gift or planning and cooking the meal. Most of us have two families so we have to split ourselves between them.

Through the years it has become less stressful because My Family has done away with gift giving for the most part. We only give to family members 25 and under. We had agreed to this  because things were just getting too expensive and our family started growing. The 25 mark was because the oldest grandchild of my parents was 25 at the time and we didn't want the younger ones feel they were slighted. . As I think about it, I grin to myself, were we serious? I guess we were. But it sorta crazy! MyHubby's family continues to gift give and that's okay as his is not as big as mine.

We have gone from serving big meals to smaller meals. Nearly everyone has a diet restriction and we always overate. This year my sister is cooking a soup, mom is bringing the desert and I am bringing the utensils and plates etc.  His Family refuses any offer to bring something.

MyHubby and I didn't put up a tree or put decorations. When we look at each other and ask, "Do you feel like it" and we respond, "What do you want to do?" Why bother?  One of these days we will invest in a Nativity Scene!

I had refused to think of Christmas until we returned from Vegas. When I returned I lucked out and found what I wanted to get for BabyGirl.  She and I went shopping for my great nephews and niece. I bought theirs. My Hubby and I exchanged gifts the first year we were together but we did away with it.

In my head after I bought BabyGirl's gift I kept trying to come up with stocking stuffers. One day it came to me, why am I worrying about stocking stuffers when she does not even live here and she is not a child anymore?

We will be with MyHubby's family today. Then will go to the Christmas Memorial Service. After we will pick up BabyGirl and enjoy her presence for the evening. Tomorrow we will be at MyFamily's.

I will enjoy seeing our families and spending time with them. I will also be thinking of the true meaning of the season!

Happy Birthday Jesus!

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas from our family to yours. May you have lots of new memories to share and have a blessed day.
    Yes, your right! Christmas has been so commercialized that people have forgotten the true reason behind the holiday.
    God Bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly, people get caught up between gifts and parties but in fact, those things shouldn't come first. We should acknowledge the truth that Jesus' birth is the primary reason why the world celebrates Christmas in the first place.

    Anyway, Merry Christmas to you and May God bless you and your family.

    : )

    ReplyDelete

For those who are Anonymous, I'll appreciate if you'll tell me who you are especialy if you know me personally or via FB. Because I get alot of spam comments. Thanks. Otherwise, say something to let me know you were here. Thanks. I appreciate all of my readers.