Friday, April 5, 2013

Why I Rather Be a Homebody For the Most Part

Driving is one of the least likable things I do. If I can help it I don't go anywhere.  But there are times I have to drive like go shopping. visit friends and family, doctor appointments etc. 

Yesterday, I drove to Baton Rouge to see an old college friend which I enjoyed the visit so much and the long drive was worthwhile. Even the chaotic traffic was worthwhile.

As I was driving on the freeway I tend to stay in the lane where the sign of my destination  is posted. I was on the far left hand lane going the speed limit. Then a white SUV comes up behind me tailgating me. All of a sudden I see a blue light flash on the dashboard. Of course, my heart started pumping faster. But I looked again and didn't see any signs on the vehicle indicating it was a cop. I had no where to stop an wasn't sure if I was suppose to stop. So I switched lanes and the idiot flew by. I noticed when he got a head of me he was doing the same thing to all other drivers in that lane. 

Why couldn't he have passed me on the lane I switched to? Oh right..He was a complete asshole.

Then today I ventured out. I was supposed to go buy a gift, pick up meds, dropped off a movie at the library, go to the local produce store to get my fresh veggies and fruit and grocery shopped. I did everything except grocery shopped. 

I ended up doing everything except grocery shopped because to put it bluntly my legs were tired and I'm pooped.

When I went to the Produce store I waited for someone to back out of the parking space that is right in front of the entrance. I parked and as I was getting out of the car, I noticed a black male walking towards me with an angry tone but I didn't know what he was saying. I finally saw the Chihuahua in his hands. I guess since I was trying to figure out what he was saying I was sorta staring. As he passes by me he asks, "What are you looking at BITCH?" 

I guess I looked confused. A friendlier black male walking behind the meaner smiled at me and said, "He is ticked off because the dogs ran away and we had to catch them." I said, "OH'.  I was shocked and confused.

But after the nicer guy passed by I made my way into the store and a lady asks me what was his problem. I told her obviously the dogs ran away and he was ticked off. I thought he was talking to me and asked what I was staring at. 

She said she noticed him walking directly towards me cursing and she had her phone out to call 911. I thanked her for her concern. So I am not totally crazy thinking he was talking to me.

Folks, that is why I am more of a homebody vs going out.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For those who are Anonymous, I'll appreciate if you'll tell me who you are especialy if you know me personally or via FB. Because I get alot of spam comments. Thanks. Otherwise, say something to let me know you were here. Thanks. I appreciate all of my readers.