Wednesday, January 4, 2017

A New Year Begins

We survived 2016!! Yeah!

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and was able to share it with someone you love.

From the Friday after Thanksgiving until about a week ago, a bug attacked me that I never thought would let go. After two prescriptions of Prednisone, one of antibiotics and decongestants and cough meds I think it is leaving slowly but surely. But then it bounced on Hubby, not as bad though the first time. But he got it again. I love him but try not to get near him as much. But then again, we live in the same house, sleep in the same bed and near each other when he is home so....hopefully it'll go away.

Then I got a urinary infection. Lucky for me I have meds on hand.  It never ends it seems.

Surgery wise I'm doing much better. Swallowing continues to be a botheration but I'm happy.

For our Christmas, we did the usual. Memorial, Hubby's brothers house and midnight mass on Christmas Eve. Every year they go all out and everything is so tasty and nice to see everyone.

I met Hubby's sister for the very FIRST time. That was interesting and exciting. I didn't get to talk to her because she left soon after we got there but it was nice to finally have a face to a name.

 I cooked Christmas dinner for my daughter and parents. It was nice and low key. I enjoyed it.


We have so much leftovers.  Hubby kept saying that is too much. He was right. I didn't think it was a lot at the time.  It was only turkey roll, jalapeno cheese sausage bread, rice dressing, potato au gratin, corn and strawberry pie for dessert.

Fro three days it was like I was on an adrenaline rush and after everyone left and my kitchen was cleaned I crashed. Hubby and I sat on the sofa to watch TV. I missed most of it. 

New Years we stayed home. It was nasty outside. We're homebodies anyway.

I have given up on New Years resolutions.  I just pray we all have a healthy and happy 2017!

Thanks for dropping by!

Until next time. 


Word count: 364

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your health travails, but glad you were able to have some good times with family. Your New Years sound much the same as mine and my wife's. We're homebodies as well and we've been catching up on a lot of movie watching while she's on vacation. That and sleep.

    My daughters and their families came for Christmas and it was wonderful to have a houseful including several little grandchildren. It's so quiet here now that they've left. The day after they departed I started catching a bit of a bug that really knocked me out for a few days. I'm much better now, but still feeling some after effects. Resting and relaxing has helped, but our heat hasn't been working so it really seems cold in our house (even though this is Los Angeles and it probably hasn't been colder than 45 at night and pushes toward 70 in the day time). Guess I should try to get the heat fixed.

    Have a great 2017!

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete

For those who are Anonymous, I'll appreciate if you'll tell me who you are especialy if you know me personally or via FB. Because I get alot of spam comments. Thanks. Otherwise, say something to let me know you were here. Thanks. I appreciate all of my readers.