Thursday, January 12, 2017

Farewell To Father Robitaille

From his home country, Canada, he made it to our small parish in the deep south and stayed here for seventeen years. He always considered it his home.

I can't describe his character in words but I'll try. He was a simple man. He was humble and kind. He was compassionate. He devoted his life to God.


There is one memory that sticks in my mind. During Holy Communion rehearsal as I walked down the aisle I was suppose to genuflect, making sure my knee hit the ground. I was about 6-7 years old and my coordination had not developed to what it is now.  He quietly told me to not worry about it and do what I felt was comfortable.

Last time I saw him was a few years ago. He was in his early 90s then. He recognized me but couldn't remember my name.

He will be missed. It is a sad day for us but I know he is in heaven with the angels.

Until next time.



171 words.

1 comment:

For those who are Anonymous, I'll appreciate if you'll tell me who you are especialy if you know me personally or via FB. Because I get alot of spam comments. Thanks. Otherwise, say something to let me know you were here. Thanks. I appreciate all of my readers.