Friday, March 3, 2017

Water, Snow, Storms

I hope everyone is safe and sound. I know I just can't get with the blogging thing. But I do appreciate all the emails asking how I'm doing and when I am going to write again. 

About six months ago, we had the Historic Flood. I personally wasn't affected. Thank you God!

I watched it on TV and Facebook. I can't imagine watching water come up to my doorstep.

Wait! If I knew my home flooded, or I was in a flood zone  I would haul tail. 

As I watch, people being rescued I often wonder.

Why do they want until the last minute or until they are under water? Then they plead for someone to go help them. They risk the rescuers lives as well as their own. Such stupidity!

After, a lot of people expect our government to help them get back to normal. When did that even start?

I understand you may need a little help to get by but I've noticed how many people expect our government to do it for them.  There are unending lines to get money, food and water to compensate them because of losing their home after floods or hurricanes. Its like they feel they are owed it.

Don't get me wrong people. I don't mind helping people but there are so many that are asking for a handout.

Also, how can people have a home and not have insurance?  I know insurance is expensive. I hate it!

But if I would be in a flood zone and my house was flooded once, I would get flood insurance or I would move out of here. 

I was watching this man on TV. His home was flooded for the third time.  He apparently had insurance. I wouldn't want his premiums. To do it over and over..nah..

I know the northern states are bracing for a winter blast. That is one thing I would not want to be stuck in. Cold. Wet.  Slippery. Brrrr

Hubby and I were talking the other day. I said I'd take my occasional hurricanes, rain and floods vs the snow blizzard and cold. At least once the hurricane passes it is gone. These snow blizzards and cold stay for months!

Ya'll be safe, warm and dry. My prayers are going out for everyone, even the stupid ones.

Until next time.



3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear from you. When we lived in New Orleans, we had to have flood insurance for our house. However, it was too expensive for the regular insurance companies, so it was issued by the federal government. Luckily, we lived on high ground and we never flooded. However, water did make it to almost our front door.

    I've often wondered if we should keep bailing out people who keep rebuilding where there are high chances that another storm is going to wipe them out. Might it not be less expensive to help them relocate to a safer place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Glad your home has never flood. I don't think we should be bailing out people, just help them locate but don't pay for everything.

      Delete
  2. I can relate to the insurance thing. Where we live used to be designated as a potential flood area, but I never saw any probability that there would ever be a flood and indeed they did declassify our zoning several years ago. They said we could potentially face a devastating flood once ever 10,000 years which to me was absurd odds that didn't warrant spending on flood insurance.

    However, we don't have earthquake insurance and there is a greater possibility of us having a damaging earthquake one day. We've had a number of smaller ones that did not cause any damage to our house. The insurance is so expensive though. It's all a gamble that's not as fun as going to Las Vegas. It's a conundrum that I hope we beat.

    I understand the lack of blogging motivation. I really have to push myself, but so far I've managed well. If I weren't doing the Battle of the Bands posts I might be tempted to just stop for a while or cut way back to one post a month or less.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete

For those who are Anonymous, I'll appreciate if you'll tell me who you are especialy if you know me personally or via FB. Because I get alot of spam comments. Thanks. Otherwise, say something to let me know you were here. Thanks. I appreciate all of my readers.