Thursday, November 8, 2018

GI Woes

Hi Everyone,

It's me again. I know it has been a while but I have not been feeling well. I know that is really nothing new but the symptoms are different. I've been dealing with cramping, nausea,  abdomen pain, alternating diarrhea, and constipation. etc. I decided to change GI doctors for a few reasons.

1. He is a great doctor when it comes to procedures. But that is the ONLY time I see him, a few seconds before he puts me under. Otherwise, I'm dealing with his nurse practitioner and I've mentioned how I feel about them.

2. Since my former family doctor changed his practice and my pulmonologist retired I've had to find other doctors so I figured I just as well get ALL of my doctors near where I live.

My new GI doctor's appointment is not until Nov 26. My family doctor has done many tests. H. Pylori was negative.

She did a CT of my abdomen with contrast. It is abnormal. 

1) A large amount of stool noted within colon aka constipation. I have a long history of constipation but not this severe. She said my peristalsis has slowed. I knew that. She told me to give myself 1 or 2 enemas and then drink Milk of Magnesia for a week. Let's just say the toilet was my best friend. I alternate constipation/diarrhea. It's frustrating

2) I have a lot of gastric distention which means bloating of the stomach when air is pumped into it. I have complained about excessive gas for months to deaf ears. They told me to take Fiber. "SIGH"

3) I have wall thickening of the gastric wall of the GE junction (Suggesting reflux-no surprise I do have Gastroesophageal reflux)

4) Thickening of the duodenum as well as the gallbladder. Gallbladder has enhancement. Last December I had a HIDA scan that was completely normal. Doc said let's see what new GI doc says.

5. My most worrisome finding is that I have "RIght liver lobe 11 mm x 5.6 mm nonspecific area of decreased enhancement. Suggestion from radiologists was to get a follow-up CT scan in 3 months.

There was more like bronchiectasis in my lung, no big surprise and part of a kidney is atrophied and has lesions.

She said there may be some kind of bacteria so she put me on 2 antibiotics, Cipro and Flagyl. Flagyl is awful but I take anti-nausea Zofran before I take Flagyl with food or my Ensure. It helps some with the side effects..

She did another stool test since someone screwed up with my other stool. Waiting on those results.

I'm tired of my organs. I wish I could replace them😃. I've lost about 5 lbs. I had reached 92 lbs.

Even with all this going on My Hubby and I have been working on getting our marriage convalidated (Pretty much means blessed in the church). More on my next post.

Just wanted to let my followers know as some have been asking.

Until next time.....Pray for violence to stop!

And don't forget to leave a comment, even if it is to say hi! Hopefully, I'll get it in my email but I will check.









2 comments:

  1. Hopefully the new GI doctor will shed some light on your troubles. Maybe they are being aggravated by some medicine and that can changed or fine tuned. Who knows? Good luck.

    Waiting for your marriage story. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! All the medicine I've been on has been for years except the Flagyl and this started in August. But that's an idea. As you said, hopefully Doc will shed some light on it.

      MY marriage story is coming soon.. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

For those who are Anonymous, I'll appreciate if you'll tell me who you are especialy if you know me personally or via FB. Because I get alot of spam comments. Thanks. Otherwise, say something to let me know you were here. Thanks. I appreciate all of my readers.