Sunday, January 31, 2021

Update on Being a Long Hauler and Disc Surgery

A long hauler is a person who had the Coronavirus and continues to have symptoms. I am improving slowly but surely. I still have shortness of breath with exertion and I sometimes wake up gasping for breath. I am cooking now with my awesome hubby helping me clean up. He still has to do the laundry and other chores because I get short of breath easily. It's confusing to me because I can cook but folding clothes causes shortness of breath. Who knows??

I have been cleared to have my disc surgery. I was so excited. I've been using a pregnancy pillow (picture below) to prevent me from rolling on my back while I am asleep. Sometimes it works.

Pregnancy pillow

When I went to my doctor to get the final clearance.  I showed her a bump in my groin area thinking it is nothing serious. She exclaimed, "Oh Ms. Landry, you have an inguinal hernia!" I asked her what the treatment would be. She answered surgical removal. Panicking,  I asked, "But it can wait until my disc surgery, right?!"She paused and said," Hmm, I would think this would take precedence." 

I just blurted "What else can go wrong!? Screw my life." Tears flowed in frustration and disappointment.😢

She said, "I am going to refer you to a general surgeon who does this kind of surgery. He is great and will not do surgery until he really has to." I have an appointment Tuesday.

Ironically, the day after, my orthopedic surgeon called to schedule my back surgery. I told her what was going on. She said, "Boo, you've been through so much. I'm so sorry. Call me after you go to the surgeon and I wish you luck."

So that's my life for now. 

Until next time....

2 comments:

  1. Oh, no! For what it's worth, my husband has had two surgeries for that kind of hernia-one on each side. As surgeries go, they were pretty easy. And general surgeons do these kind of surgeries all the time so they are quite good at it. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement and experience with your husband. Glad it went out okay. Hugs!

      Delete

For those who are Anonymous, I'll appreciate if you'll tell me who you are especialy if you know me personally or via FB. Because I get alot of spam comments. Thanks. Otherwise, say something to let me know you were here. Thanks. I appreciate all of my readers.