Friday, November 30, 2018

CHANGES ARE GOOD SOMETIMES

As I've said in my latest post, I've been having gastrointestinal problems. It never ends.

I went to my appointment Monday and he told me to stop Fiber pills and Miralax and all laxatives and take Citrucel. He also wanted to do an endoscopy and gastric emptying x-ray.

My endoscopy appointment was scheduled for Dec 21st and gastric emptying x-ray for  Dec 6th. 

It was arranged that my sister and Mom would take me for the endoscopy since Hubby had to work at his new job

Yesterday, hubby was off and the doctor's office nurse called and asked if I would be willing to do the endoscopy in the afternoon. I said sure. They told me to be at the Surgery Center, in the same building as his office on the first floor for 11:30 am. (It was initially scheduled at a hospital I don't care for because it is so darn big and walking from Point A to Point B is like walking 5 miles.)

 We arrived and did the paperwork.  Receptionist said he was coming at 12:30. At noon they called me to the back, I had to put the big gown on and an IV was inserted. About 10 minutes later the anesthesiologist came and talked to us. (That was never done at my previous GI doctor).

Then about 12:20 Dr. Jat arrived and checked in on me. (Again, my previous GI doctor never did that). They wheeled me in the surgical room, put me on my side, put the mouthpiece in place and the anesthesiologist said I was going to feel a little burn and I was out. I was dreaming of Babygirl when they woke me up and said it was over.

Doc told Hubby that they didn't see anything bad but did take biopsies. They gave us four pictures which I have no clue what I'm looking at. I know one is my colon but no clue what the others are.

They discharged me shortly after. We were home by 2 pm and that was with making 2 stops, gas station and Sonic for my Dr. Pepper.

The whole experience was so different and nice, not having to wait for 4-5 hours. It might have just been a good day and I lucked out but I really like Dr. JAT, his staff, the Surgery Center's staff and procedures.

I am still kinda groggy from yesterday but it is all good. I'm sore when I swallow anything but that is to be expected and it'll go away.

Oh! and the Citrucel worked wonders. I don't like orange and Citrucel is orange but I will drink it because it works!! 

I like Dr. Jat although at my appointment he kindly told me to stop talking while he was reading my history. I was only trying to give him information, in my defense. 😡 After he finished reading, I had his full attention.  Everyone was nice and caring. 

I have ALL of my doctors within 30 minutes, instead of 60 minutes now. Amen!!

Until next time...Look into a stranger's eyes and say hello! Who knows you might make someone's day :)







3 comments:

  1. So happy you had a good experience. It makes all of the difference in the world. I had an endoscopy last year where they took some samples and I was really sore for about a week. It really hurt to eat and talk. During this time that I was quiet, the whole house was very quiet. My husband and son were very content to not say anything. I didn't realize how much I talked until I was quiet. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I responded but I don't see it. :(. I wasn't feeling sore until two days after, now I feel it. LOL. We would be a good pair talking to each other. I think Hubby and I fluctuate, we can talk and talk to each other. But alot of times we can be sitting down in the same room and not say anything for hours.

      Did they give you pictures? They gave me some but have no Idea what it is lol.

      Thursday, I am having a gastric emptying study done. "SIGH".

      Thanks for reading my blog and responding!

      Delete
  2. Where have I been? So way behind in reading all my cyber friends blogs. I'm so sorry! Looks like we both have had medical problems this year. When does it stop? It's crap getting old and so one lied to me about my golden years coming.... When? Lol Hope you are on to getting better and doing well now. Had that procedure this year and glad it's behind me .... Lol, no pun intended. Keep blogging. Will try better to read more.

    ReplyDelete

For those who are Anonymous, I'll appreciate if you'll tell me who you are especialy if you know me personally or via FB. Because I get alot of spam comments. Thanks. Otherwise, say something to let me know you were here. Thanks. I appreciate all of my readers.